Saturday, May 26, 2018

Taco Tuesday

They say there is a time and place for everything, but I tend to disagree with that sometimes. I had performed several years earlier at this location but with the previous owner and under it' name of Cinco de Mayo.

In the mean time the placed changed hands and I stopped by several times to talk with the management about playing for them. Having stopped more than several times I finally took it upon myself to stop in on a Monday morning and spoke with Pablo who is the Manager & also one of the owners.

He smiled and agreed that I would perform the next day for their "Taco Tuesday" from 6 to 9 pm.


Now I knew that Taco Tuesday had been having a lot  success with drawing a good size crowd and I done what I could knowing the weather was going to be great in getting the event out overnight and posted on My Facebook page the next morning.

I set up and ran several mic sound checks while using my juke box sounds before I actually started.

Its always nice to have a crowd and I had padded up things with about 12 to 15 of my own contacts besides the regulars that normally would be there.

Things went off very well both sound wise but also with the crowds response.  I had a lot of applause throughout the evening. and I don't think things could of been any better.stt

Several of the regulars made comments that they were not only impressed with what I was doing but were going to let the management know they wanted me back.

It was the next day when I met up with the management and came to an agreement that I would play all of the Saturdays throughout the summer.

So starting on the Memorial Day Saturday and every one after I'll be performing out on the Patio of the El Mariachi.
Come join me for some great food & drinks and now with music every Saturday evening from 6  till 9 pm





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that's absolutely awesome. Way to promote your talent Stix.